Monday, January 23, 2012

Super Bowl Bound

It was August, the Giants had lost their key free agents, cut veteran guys, and suffered through a plethora of injuries.

Every analyst thought they were doomed, as did many fans.

I myself stood apart from the crowd.

I thought, (and I swear on the Holy Bible that this is true), about writing an article on how the Giants would go to Super Bowl XVI.

I didn't, and I regret that.

After their 5 game slide, even I had my doubts, and when they lost to the Redskins for the second time, I felt that they had no chance of beating the Cowboys a second time.

I was wrong.

The New York Giants are Super Bowl bound.

The defense DID step up, and played as well as one laden with the likes of Osi, Tuck, Kiwi,
and JPP should have. The offense, (esspecially Brandon Jacobs, kudos to him!), played EXTEREMELY well. Eli Manning proved once again why he IS ELIte.

And Tom Coughlin never gave up.

Not on his oft-criticized defense.
Not on his coaches, mainly D-Coordinator Perry Fewell and O-Coordinator Kevin Gilbride, who take the majority of the criticism.

I admit that even I had my doubts, but the Giants ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL!

And they face the worst playoff defense.

I've seen this story before, and so have most, if not all, of you.

And we all know how it turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment