Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Peyback!

My heart sank. It may have even skipped a beat when I read the erroneous news that future Hall of Fame Colts QB Peyton Manning was set to retire.

According to ESPN, it was actor Rob Lowe who tweeted the fake news, which has since been dispelled by his father Archie and ESPN analyst Chris Mortensen.

However, despite the false nature of the rumors, there arose in me a fire to compose this very article, which I have been meaning to do regardless.


Peyton Manning, the face of the NFL. The "posterboy" if you will. He has played for the Colts since 1998 and started every game from 1998 until the 2010 season.

He went down with a serious neck injury in 2011 which I believe was hindering his performance throughout the 2010 season.

Now, his health in question, and his ability to play again in serious doubt, many people expect Andrew Luck to wind up in Indy, including myself.

But contrary to the belief of some analysts and sportscasters, I feel strongly that he WILL play again.

He may not be the old Peyton Manning, and may never be that again, but he can still be part of a Super Bowl-caliber team which has been built around him for over a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment