Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mama Mia[mi]!

The Miami Marlins (still as hated as their predecessor, the Florida Marlins!) have now signed...Mark Buehrle.


Buehrle will be leaving the White Sox for the first time in his career. He was 161-119 as a White Sock, including a World Series championship, no-hitter and a perfect game. He will be joining manager Ozzie Guillen once again.

I must say before my rant here, I have hated the Marlins since they beat the Yankees in the 2003 World Series, and that hatred has been building up ever since: John Buck's grand slam vs. the Mets on Opening Day 2011; signing Jose Reyes, etc.

The Marlins have now signed:
*Buehrle
*Reyes
*Heath Bell

in addition to speaking with numerous others. Now, I have no problem with them signing the players, however, I do have a problem with the general managers (Williams and Alderson) who have let their respective players sign elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment