Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Sad Decline

Let us take a break from New York Sports for a just a few moments to talk about one of my favorite quarterbacks from my day.

Donovan McNabb, former Eagles quarterback (and thus, long time nemesis of the New York Giants), was shipped off to the Washington Redskins after the 2009 season, and then was traded to the Minnesota Vikings after a disastrous 2010 season, (in a move that STILL puzzles me to this day).

McNabb and Justin Tuck

In what could possibly be my WORST, most HORRIBLE EPIC FAIL of a prediction since I picked the Phillies over the Yankees in the 2009 World Series, McNabb was an utter DISASTER!


Now, I refused to be led to believe that the Redskins would trade McNabb over one (really) bad season, and I REALLY questioned the logic of his trade to (of all teams) the Minnesota Vikings, (who were just coming of a disaster of a season led by Brett Favre), thinking instead that they were content with Tavaris Jackson, (but then again, I felt re-signing Hasselbeck was essential to the Seahawks...)

I did however, say that if McNabb started off terribly or hit a wall in 2011, we may begin to hear rumblings of him being "finished" or "washed up". Now I am a VERY stubborn person when it comes to guys from my day, like McNabb, (because I hate to accept the fact that they may be done).

So do not be surprised if you begin to hear serious questioning of his ability to be a starter beyond 2011 and, even hear retirement chants from fed-up Vikings fans (two consecutive years of disaster), angered Redskins fans, or Phormerly Phaithphul Philly Phans.

Image courtesy of http://beat.bodog.eu/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/donovan-mcnabb-vikings.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment