Monday, March 19, 2012

My Kind of Offense

Now, if you read this blog regularly you will have undoubtedly read my posts on the style of offense that I prefer...

A BALANCED offense.

I define a balanced offense as one that can perform at a high level whether passing OR running. The Buffalo Bills are a good example (with Fitzpatrick and Fred Jackson). I have written a number of articles about the New York Jets and how they NEED a new running back. Since they have decided to keep Mark Sanchez until further notice with his extension, they need to find a new rusher to compliment that.

As I have stated before, the Jets are unlikely to retain Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson, and with the disappointing Shonn Greene still under contract, they could use a good running back.

The process I have concocted will require a LOT of time to do, however, it would make Gang Green elite.

The Jets need to make Joe McKnight their starting running back for 2012, while relegating Shonn Greene to third string duties (like McKnight was in 2011).

Then, they need to sign a burly, tough, fullback-like man, two-time Superbowl Champion, and a quality backup rusher.


Brandon Jacobs would be a SLAM DUNK signing for Gang Green and if Joe McKnight can fill the void left by LT, (which I am MORE than confident that he will), the Jets will be set at running back.

No comments:

Post a Comment